Thursday, May 28, 2009

This summer is the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock.

1969 for me was the Summer of Love. Not only was I a 20 year old college student in probably one of the most exciting periods of American history ( Dylan – “ The Times They Are A Changing”) but I met the love of my life Maureen, my wife of 35 years.

When I heard about this 3 day concert in the hills of upstate New York – how could we refuse?

A bunch of friends and I got our little caravan together and got on the thruway and immediately we realized something special was happening – it turned into a parade of hippies 150 miles long!

When we finally arrived the tickets that we purchased for $18 (for a 3 day concert!) were unnecessary – the fences were torn down and the flood gates were open.

Aside from the rain, mud and nakedness – a fun time was had by all.

40 years goes by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment